Booking Terms and Conditions – North Wales Holiday Cottages
When you book either of our Holiday Homes, the booking process refers you to, and highlights, these Booking Terms and Conditions. In order to complete the booking, customers are required to agree to the Booking Terms and Conditions below.
We want you to enjoy our lovely property, to have a wonderful holiday, and come back to stay another time. Therefore, to enable that to happen, it boils down to two principles really:
- Don’t sit on a problem – talk it through, we’re adults,
- Please treat the property with the same care you would your own, and leave the property in the same condition as you found it.
But here’s the detail:
Contract: All bookings will form a contract between the Guest(s) and Martin Powdrill (the Owner). The accommodation is let for holiday purposes only and there is no right of occupancy beyond the stated and agreed period. The booking is restricted to the named Guests provided at the time of reservation confirmation.
Named Guests: On confirmation of booking, the names of all the Guests must be provided to the Owner for the purposes of Guest Registration.
Reservations: Reservations will be held for a period of 24 hours from when the Owner acknowledges the Guest(s) booking request.
Payment: A deposit of 25% is payable to secure your booking, with the full balance payable 60 days before your holiday date. All bookings made 60 days, or less before the holiday, must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
Non-payment of Balance: In the event of non-payment of the balance by the due date, the Guest’s reservation will be cancelled, the holiday dates will be re-advertised, and no refund will be given. We advise guests to arrange cancellation and holiday insurance with the insurer of your choice to cover any eventuality.
- If you cancel more than 60 days before the start of the holiday, you will receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel between 60 and 30 days before the start of the holiday, you will receive a 50% refund.
- If you cancel 30 days or less before the start of the holiday, you will receive no refund.
Damages, Loss, and Breakages: All bookings are accepted on the condition that the property is left in the same state of repair, order and cleanliness (both inside and outside) as at the start of the holiday let. All breakages should be reported to the Owner as soon as possible. The Owner charges a returnable breakage/cleaning deposit of £150 per property, to be returned in part or full within seven days of the group vacating the property.
Parking Permits: If you are staying at ‘Hafan Mor’ in Caernarfon, two parking permits are provided for your use. We are sure you appreciate, the parking permits are for all our guests. If you unfortunately forget to leave the permits in the property when you leave, there is a charge of £50 per permit to cover the cost of replacement, and paying for next week’s guest’s parking fees.
Availability: In the extremely unlikely event that the property becomes unavailable, then every reasonable attempt will be made to provide an alternative date for occupancy. The Guest(s) will be advised of any such circumstances as quickly as possible, and will be offered alternative booking dates. If this is not acceptable to the Guest(s), then all monies paid will be refunded in full. The Guest(s) will have no further claim against the Owner.
Arrival and Departure: Unless otherwise agreed, arrival and departure times are as follows:
- ‘Hafan Mor’ in Caernarfon : Arrival Time after 4:30pm, Departure Time before 11:30am
- ‘The Escape’ in Y Felinheli : Arrival Time after 3:30pm, Departure Time before 10:30am
Access to property: The Owner and/or his representatives shall be allowed access to the holiday accommodation at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
Toddlers/Very Young Children: Children are welcome at our properties. However, we wish to point out that due to the style, decor and furnishing of ‘Hafan Mor’ in Caernarfon, it may not be suitable for toddlers and very young children. We ask that guests make their own decision about this, however we prefer to further discuss this with you before booking. It is your responsibility, and we cannot be liable for injuries and accidents.
Bed Linen and Towels: Bed linen, Tea Towels, Bath and hand towels are provided. Beach towels should be brought by the Guests.
Smoking is not allowed inside any of the properties.
- At ‘Hafan Mor’ in Caernarfon, no pets are allowed.
- At ‘The Escape’ in Y Felinheli, one well-behaved house-trained dog is welcome. Dogs are not allowed on the beds or furniture. As our property adjoins fields of grazing animals and wild pheasants, guest are responsible for their dog. Please note that the garden area is fenced off. In the unlikely event of an infestation of fleas as a result of your dog, appropriate fees will be taken out of the damage deposit.
Special Requirements: If you have special requirements or needs, please advise the Owner at the time of booking, although he cannot guarantee that any requests will be met. Failure to meet special requests will not be a breach of contract. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that the property is suited to your levels of mobility, agility or physical impairment, and meets the needs of your group.